Community Residential Alternative (CRA) services are targeted for Individuals who require intense levels of support. These services are a range of interventions with a particular focus on training and support in one or more of the following areas: eating and drinking, toileting, personal grooming and health care, dressing, communication, interpersonal relationships, mobility, home management, and use of leisure time. CRA Services are individually planned and tailored to meet the specific needs of the Individual and to accommodate fluctuations in his or her needs for various services.
CRA services include:
- Assistance with and/or training in activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, other personal hygiene, feeding, toileting, transferring, and other similar tasks.
- Training and/or assistance in household care, such as meal preparation, clothes laundering, bed-making, housecleaning, simple home repair, yard care, and other similar tasks.
- CRA services consist of medically related services, such as basic first aid, arranging and transporting Individuals to medical appointments, assisting with therapeutic exercises, and assisting with or supervising self-administration of medication.
- Implementing behavioral support plans designed for Individuals to reduce inappropriate and/or maladaptive behaviors and to acquire alternative adaptive skills and behaviors.
- CRA Services include transportation to all other waiver services specified in the Individual Service Plan and as needed to facilitate the individual’s participation in personal shopping, recreation and other community activities.